Working Groups - FAQ
SubCom Product Portfolio, with concurrence of the Executive Committee, designates expert teams to expedite the work of EHEDG. The formation (and later disbandment) of a Working Group requires approval by a majority vote of the SubCom Product Portfolio.
三级小说As assigned by the SubCom Product Portfolio, the Working Group is responsible for:
- The development and maintenance of any assigned EHEDG guideline, certification procedure, or training material package within designated time-frames and target dates
- Responding to questions or inquiries pertaining to the documents under their purview
- Commenting on international standards to promote harmonization
- Informing the SubCom Product Portfolio of activities and progress on documents under development or review
- Recommend to the SubCom Product Portfolio the need for new documents or revision of existing documents
The scope and duties delegated to the Working Group shall be approved at the time it is formed, and subsequent changes in scope or duties shall also require approval by the SubCom Product Portfolio. The charge to the Working Group shall clearly state whether the Working Group is responsible for developing the definitive content of one or more EHEDG Guidelines, Certification Services, and Training Materials and for responding to views and objections thereon.
三级小说The SubCom Product Portfolio shall designate a Chair and Co-Chair from the Working Group members. These positions are considered as permanent in order to maintain consistency; however, there is no fixed term for either of these positions. A request to the SubCom Product Portfolio for a Chair or Co-Chair will be called by the Secretariat whenever either position resigns or a request for a change has been received from at least three (3) Working Group members.
The Working Group Chair is responsible for:
- Preparing agendas and planning for meetings necessary to carry out the function of the Working Group.
- Directing the formulation and development of the documents assigned to the Working Group.
- Draft and submit to the EHEDG Treasurer via the Secretariat and SubCom Product Portfolio an annual budget, including reimbursements, no later than November 30 for the year to come.
- In consultation with the Secretariat, preparing draft documents of the Working Group for balloting.
- Maintaining appropriate administrative records relating to the actions of the Working Group.
- Regular participation in Working Group meetings and other EHEDG meetings/functions as is deemed necessary to conduct the business of the Working Group.
- Reviewing and resolution of comments and negative ballots pertaining to Working Group documents.
- Act as the liaison and technical advisor to the SubCom Product Portfolio when interpretations of a document's criteria are needed.
- Select and maintain the Working Group membership with active members that represent and balance the concerns of the stakeholders.
- Prepare an annual summary of the Working Group's activities for the Chair of the SubCom Product Portfolio. The summary should be delivered by January 30 of the following year.
A Working Group, once formed, is considered as a permanent committee. The membership may fluctuate as members join or are replaced. The Working Group Chair makes nominations from the EHEDG members for appointments and discharges to the Working Group with the consent of the SubCom Product Portfolio. In addition to interest group affiliation, the SubCom Product Portfolio may apply specific criteria in the designation of members of a Working Group, such as whether a candidate is knowledgeable of the specific equipment, systems or materials covered by the EHEDG document(s) assigned to the Working Group.
All experts from the EHEDG membership are welcome to send in to the EHEDG Secretariat an informal application for active Working Group membership by briefly outlining their educational background, professional expertise and motivation. Any new expert application will be subject to approval by the Working Group Chair. Upon acceptance, the expert will be given access to all Working Group documentation and the respective internal website folders of the Working Group.
三级小说The number of members of a specified Working Group is not limited and each member is considered as a voting member. There shall be only one (1) voting member per entity (i.e., company or company division, European or state agency, or university) on a Working Group, unless if representing separate divisions and product ranges.
- Participate on a regular basis in Working Group meetings.
- Actively participate in the routine functions of the Working Group, such as soliciting comments and seeking reconciliation of viewpoints on any tentative document.
- Answer all correspondence requiring a reply and ballots by the closing date.
A Working Group member may be removed from the Working Group for:
- Two successive unexcused absences from Working Group meetings,
- Failure to respond to two consecutive ballots, or
- Failure to respond to correspondence from the Chair of the Working Group.
三级小说Anyone interested in participating in the activities of any Working Group will be, at a minimum, assigned Corresponding membership. Corresponding members are invited to actively participate in all Working Group activities and are encouraged to comment on all documents. Corresponding members shall not have a vote but the Working Group must consider their comments.